- Pre-school – Grd 000 to Grd 0
- Primary – Grd 04 to Grd 06/ 07
- High – for learners not doing technology subjects CAT and IT – Grd 07 /08 to Grd 12
- In-School Diploma Programme – for learners not doing technology subjects CAT and IT – Grd 07 / 08 to Grd 12 (KN Level 01 to KN Level 05)
- Sessions Plans, projects and assessments
- KN Certification – Grd 04 to Grd 12 (KN SP Level 01 M to KN Level 05)
- Teacher upskilling
- Integrated learning
- E-Learning Readiness® and E-learning extensions
- Technology, communication, coding where required, entrepreneurial and life skills
- Learning is easy, fun, achievement and performance driven
- The Progressive Learning Programme was implemented in schools for the first time in 1995.
- The programme has an implementation success record of 22 years in different types of schools, including special needs schools, using a variety of technologies and software.
- It is easy to implement and is mostly self-managing.
- If high schools are not able to complete the full KN In-School Diploma Programme (KN Level 05), they usually stop their implementation at KN Level 03.
- This equips learners with the base skills set they need for the rest of their school life and some of the varsity entrance requirements.
- It can be implemented at any time.
- Schools that start the implementation of the Progressive Learning Programme with its changing level of complexity structure each year can continue implementing it for the entire duration of every child’s school year from Pre-school to Grade 12.
- Every child can leave primary school with the technology skills required for high school and every high school learner can leave school with the technology skills needed to succeed in tertiary education – not only those learners doing government technology subjects.
- It does not require many additional hours for lesson prep.
- KN UpSkilling Certificates for all training events successfully completed are issued to teachers. These are used for CPTD points, for their CVs for internal promotion or posts in local and international schools.
- Teachers are provided with Session plans, projects and assessments that work, are age appropriate and can be used with different technologies in the classroom and at home.
- It can be used with Windows, IOS, Android technologies and any office, graphics, research, social media and communication tools.
- It provides integrated learning, e-learning extensions and e-learning readiness for teachers and learners.
- Many of South Africa’s leading independent, public and special needs schools have partnered with Knowledge Network® over the years to ensure their learners and teachers are equipped with all the information skills, critical thinking, creativity, lateral thinking, lateral learning, logic, problem-solving and research skills they need for their school lives, varsity and the workplace.
- Without the combination of these skills, learners and teachers find life in the real world very difficult, if not impossible.
- It is affordable for schools over time.
- All learners can participate in the Progressive Learning Programme – Pre-school to Grade 12.
- Learning is easy and fun, is achievement and performance driven, can be used with the technologies of the day and develops learners.
- It can be used for learners from Pre-school to Grd 12. It uses an integrated learning and mentoring methodology.
- The Progressive Learning Programme also serves as an entrepreneurial and life skills programme for learners starting in primary school and ending in Grade 11 or Grade 12 with the Knowledge Network® Level 05 In-School Diploma Programme.
- For successful varsity entrance learners, the diploma is used to gain additional recognition / leadership points for degree programmes in local and overseas varsities.
- Technology skills gained are being used by learners to help them cope with varsity workloads and research.
- The diploma is also being used by learners whose parents cannot afford varsity as their entry ticket into the workplace.
- It serves as an excellent programme to assist with the overall development of learners – their ability to read and understand researched material, their ability to apply their skills set to projects, their ability to interpret a brief and work through instructions to complete a project and their reading and comprehension skills.
- The use of ILAMM® (integrated learning and mentoring methodology) as the learning methodology to use with the Progressive Learning Programme enables the simultaneous development of information technology skills, creativity, lateral thinking, lateral learning, logic, problem-solving ability, life skills, listening, critical thinking, concentration and memory skills, research, planning and time management.
- Emphasis is placed on the development of self-esteem and confidence building and providing learners with the coping skills they need for each session and application.
- All learners’ skills to cope with their work, assessments and related pressures are also developed.
- The Progressive Learning Programme provides an immediate win-win solution for learners and teachers who are not taking government computer subjects at school.
- It is easily accessible to all learners in schools in every town and city in South Africa – and in any other country wishing to provide ongoing, relevant upskilling programmes using existing technologies or different technologies introduced by the school from time to time.
- Schoolwide – customised to suit the school’s requirements and technologies so all teachers learn new technologies and new ways of teaching together. Times can be arranged to suit all the teachers, usually scheduled in sessions of 2 hours each
- For Corporates – customised to suit the company’s requirements, small groups – usually arranged per day 08:00 – 15:00 with a break for a healthy, delicious lunch
- KN-UpSkilling programmes for individuals – one day per KN-UpSkilling programme – 08:00 – 15:00 with a break for a healthy, delicious lunch
- Windows – MS Office – Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- IOS – iPads and Macs – Pages, Numbers, Keynote, Graphic
- Androids – using selected office apps for KN-UpSkilling projects
- KN-UpSkilling Certificates with detailed outlines of content and projects covered are issued for successful completion of each KN-UpSkilling programme attended
- Integrated learning, projects selected to suit the requirements and starting level
- For High Schools – for learners not doing government technology subjects CAT and IT
- KN Level 01 to Level 05 – can be completed in Grade 11 or Grade 12
- Can be run using the technology and software being used by the school
- Includes all elements of the Progressive Learning Programme – integrated learning, e-learning extensions and e-learning readiness
- Can be completed in sessions of 1 hour per week over four or five years
- Easy to implement, easy to manage, cost-effective to implement, time efficient, resource usage efficient
- Provides learners with the competitive edge they need for school, varsity and the workplace
- Equips learners with the technology and life skills needed for school, varsity, the workplace and life
- Knowledge Network® In-School Diploma Programme Diploma issued on successful completion of a 4-hour project which includes a brief, research and presentation of the researched work using office tools – topics to suit market trends are selected for each year – 2017 was translation software and social media around the world
- Entrepreneurial and life skills
- Includes coding if schools have the time and infrastructure
HTML | Small Basic | Smart Basic | Scratch Junior | Scratch | Swift | Swift Playgrounds
Coding, programming and block-based coding can be used with the Knowledge Network Progressive Learning Programme.
Educational software for ages 10 and up. KN-10up for use in class (Computer classes or for classes conveying the different learning areas), remedial work, computer classes or for personal development for learners who require extra help in specific areas of school work and overall development of general knowledge.
KN-6to9 comprises of exciting, fun, challenging and stimulating activities to ensure that learners enjoy what they are learning and always have new and exciting things to do using the computer as a tool. It develops creativity, logic, problem-solving ability, IT skills, coping skills and lateral thinking. This is a great learning tool for educators to use in multi-cultural, multilingual learning environments.
Educational software for learners 3-5 years, for little learners with big ideas and great minds. KN-3to5 provides the variety needed to keep learners focused, challenged and enjoying what they are learning. KN-3to5 develops creativity, lateral thinking, concentration, logic, problem-solving ability, coping skills and IT skills.
When it came to tasks, I achieved exceptional results. I could not have done this without the program.
Thanks to Knowledge Network for enabling this for me, the teachers who work to me, the parents who see their kids’ achievements and the learners at Ashton International Colleges.
By completing the course, I enhanced my computer literacy courses immensely. It laid down the fundamental computer literacy skills, as well as prepared me for the computer skills I needed to pass my matric.